By Anna Flood
At Hunterlodge, we are committed to ensuring that our operations consider the possible impacts on the environment. Check out how we did in 2017…
Carbon foot print
- We recycled 2.231 kgs (2.2 Tonnes) and sent 2.360 kgs (2.4 tonnes) to landfill via Three Rivers District Council.
- We used 36,383 kwh in electricity compared to 37,581 kwh in 2016. A reduction of 3% helped in part due to our solar panels and new server
- In the last five years electricity consumption has reduced by 49.8% due to new lighting, solar power and more efficient IT. Our aim is to continue to reduce electricity consumption by 5% in 2018.
- We managed to reduce the number A4 printed sheets by a whopping 27,500 sheets compared to last year. Our aim for 2018 is to reduce paper wastage by a further 10%.
- 100% of our 'Thirsty Thursdays' bottles went to recycling. This is a 100% improvement from 2015! We also managed to drink 5,477 cups of coffee or hot chocolate and used 665 pints of milk
Out and about
- We leased 2 new company pool cars in 2017 to reduce our carbon foot print.
- Public transport was encouraged, and our staff have taken the tube and train to client meetings (where possible).
Our aim is to reduce or Carbon foot print not only in the office but spreading the love wherever we go. Saving the planet for you and future generations and making the Earth a cleaner place to live on.
What have you done to green your office? Send us a tweet @hunterlodge #HLGreen