With two billion monthly active users on Facebook, Instagram and other Meta technologies, advertising on Meta could the best course of action to help you grow your business. The following list outlines the main reasons why advertising on Meta is the best choice:
- Build Brand Awareness – Facebook ads allow you to use images and video which can support your branding. And while purchase intent is not as high as on Google, imagery gives you the power to stand out in users’ feeds through emotional marketing.
- Cost-Effective – Facebook ads offer such specific targeting, making the most of your ad budget.
- Versatility – The wide range of ad formats and the multiple objectives available, you can use Facebook ads to target users at every stage of your marketing funnel.
- Gain Audience Insights – People spend a lot of time on Facebook and use it for several reasons in their day-to-day. The data you collect through Facebook ads provides customer insights you can use to inform your strategy elsewhere.
Our top tips when advertising on Meta:
- Choose the right ad objective – Facebook has multiple types of ads to help you achieve your goals. Browse this list of ad objectives to find the one that best supports what you’re trying to do.
- Select the right budget for your business – When setting up your ad, you’ll select a budget. Your ad will be served up against other ads trying to reach the same audience. You can help your ad be more competitive in our ad auction by giving it sufficient budget and time to run.
- Find the right audience on Facebook – Help make sure your ad gets seen by people that are most likely to perform an action. Key caveat to think about is who you want to show your ads to and choosing your ideal audience using factors such as location, age, gender, interest targeting. It’s important to refrain from narrowing your targeting too much and start with a large enough audience which will give you a better chance to find the people you’re looking for.
- Stand out with creative – The right message and eye-catching visuals can help your ad stand out, so that people are more likely to notice it and perform an action.
Our top tips to improve the effectiveness of your Meta Ads:
- Use vertical videos: Use a vertical or square aspect ratio. Most people hold their phones vertically, so you’ll cover more of their screen.
- Use less text on images: When you use text on your image, try a smaller font and fewer words to lower the proportion of text to image. Meta found that images with less than 20% of text perform better.
- Shorten text: People on Facebook and Instagram scan quickly. Keep your text short, clear and concise to get your message across.
- Add multiple images using the carousel format: Carousel allows you to show several images for people to scroll through at the same cost. It’s a great opportunity if you have lots of product or brand images.
- Use calls to action: A range of call-to-action (CTA) buttons are available for Facebook and Instagram ads. These buttons draw attention and encourage people to engage with your ad. Based on what you want people to do when they see your ad, experiment with the CTA buttons available for different ad objectives and formats.
For more advice and a lively discussion on how to best advertise to your audience, get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org