The latest Find a Masters survey of thousands of prospective domestic and international students highlights some interesting trends:
- Stabilising Confidence – UK and international student’s confidence in PG studies seems to be bouncing back. In November 2022 PGT study confidence dropped in the UK but we saw this bounce back slightly in January.
- South Asia continues to dominate – with India, Pakistan and Bangladesh’s ‘Share of Search’ continuing to grow rapidly, increasing by 161% YoY.
- Mixed fortunes for certain subjects – Clinical & Healthcare and Psychology have seen the largest increase in ‘Share of Search’ in the UK while the opposite is true for Education and Law – with Law being down 12% YoY.
- International focus on Business and Life Sciences – with them being 15% and 25% up YoY respectively.
- Focus is on September 2023 – Both PGT and PGR audiences are focussed on September 2023, but interest is growing for 2024 entry.
(Share of Search is Find a University’s new way to understand PG audiences by analysing their own search data).
It’ll be interesting to see how these trends shape as the job market appears to turn and the desire by employer and employee for higher qualifications re-appears.
Check out some of our recent successful Postgraduate campaigns including how we targeted the Chinese PG market for Birkbeck, how we engaged a PG audience in limbo during the pandemic with Henley Business School’s Career Workout and a pure PG recruitment campaign for Queen Mary…